HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
The Account Management (Partner Success) team ensures that HomeAway’s Partner Property Managers maintain and grow a high-quality portfolio of vacation rentals/holiday rentals with us. The primary responsibility of the Account Management intern is to support the team and ensure that HomeAway’s products are attractive and relevant for our fast-growing global customer base.
As an Account Management Intern at HomeAway, you will work in a dynamic and international team as part of a global organization, focusing on the German & Central European markets. You will learn the art of persuasion and develop your communication skills, as well as gain experience in working with tools like SalesForce. Your growth will be supported by the management team, as well as a dedicated coach and a trainer, supporting the Account Management (Partner Success) Team.
Account Management Interns would join our London office for a period of 6 months to start in February/March 2019.
What you’ll do:
- Complete daily calls to Property Managers to help current and prospective Partners achieve success
- Research potential partners and conduct consultation calls
- Motivate and persuade Partners to optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness on the HomeAway sites, to maximize booking conversions
- Educate Property Managers (PMs) on the self-service features available on HomeAway’s online platform
- Support PM retention efforts through smooth onboarding and consultation
- Support team project work such as marketing and optimization campaigns, product reviews and promotions and market research activities
- Support exciting team events and activities, such as quarterly Partner Success Kick Off’s, Friday Lunch & Learns, Quizzes and weekly Mindfulness sessions
- You are currently studying for a Bachelors or Masters degree, ideally in a subject related to Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or hospitality
- You are fluent in English and German, or English and Dutch, or English and Swedish/Norwegian/Danish/ in spoken and written word
- You enjoy building relationships and communicating with people at all levels
- You are a confident communicator, not afraid to pick up the phone and gain commitment from current and prospective Partners, by employing your advanced communication and negotiation skills
- You are motivated, action orientated and have an analytical approach
- You have good organization skills and strong attention to detail
- You show persistence when faced challenging situations
- You enjoy being creative and generating new ideas
- Eligibility to work in the location of the internship
Benefits & Perks
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Casual dress
- Intern events
Why join us:
Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:47:57 +0100
Internship / Apprenticeship
Sales & Marketing
Language/ German, Danish, Dutch, Swedish
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.