The R2R (Record to Report) Global Ops Finance Europe team supports closing of the books of GE’s affiliates across 31 countries in contact with the local/regional business controllership teams. Services scope includes preparatory and closing activities in Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Commercial, Supply Chain, Other Asset and Liabilities, Cash & Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting, Intercompany areas. This is a great opportunity to have a complex overview of accounting of global company.
- Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local GE Businesses
- Validate and apply the appropriate accounting principles on unusual/non-routine transactions.
- Perform tie out and resolve disconnects on process related activities
- Perform activities required for month-end closing (performing balance sheet and P&L reconciliation, comments ) according to the respective business deadlines
- Assist in monthly and quarterly balance sheet and P&L review and prepare variance analysis
- Prepare all balance sheet account reconciliation, open items are accurately closed
- Analyze process transactions and its potential financial impact
- Understand GE Policies and ensure that all accounting processes are in line with GE regulations and principles, , and confidentiality is respected in data handling when working with personal data and/or sensitive data
- Identifies opportunities in his/her job duties to simplify.
- Participate in accounting initiatives and projects for further improvement
- Support junior team members
- Maintain strong working relationship with the local operation and controllership team, and FP&A
- Support the statutory team providing details for preparation of statutory accounts for the respective GE Business
- Support to be provided to External and Internal auditors
- Besides the main tasks and responsibilities listed above, responsible for completing any other tasks assigned by her/his supervisor or man
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Solid Accounting experience in a multi-gaap environment
- First experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment or in the R2R function of an SSC
- Understands the composition of financial statements (Cash Flow, Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet) and key financial metrics
- Ability to learn/ understand Standard & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
- Has technical skills required to complete everyday operational duties with minimal supervision.
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style
- Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Numerate with a good eye for detail
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook
- First-hand closing experience with Oracle, SAP or another ERP
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
Why you should join:
- Multicultural and very diverse environment with people from over 30 countries
- A wide variety of social clubs and communities such as: GE Volunteers, Working Parents, Women’s Network, HealthAhead
- GE supports language courses, professional trainings
- Friendly working environment (Best Office Award 2015), including gym, cafeteria, hairdresser and a medical center, all conveniently located on the office campus
- Great career-development opportunities
- Opportunities to leverage your accounting and finance skills
- Opportunity for process improvement/simplification/standardization
- Flexible working hours/home office
Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:01:58 +0000
Shared services and Finance
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.