Credit & Collections Analyst
Are you looking for a challenging finance role? Become part of our O2C team and start in a vibrant environment, in which you can make a major contribution to process improvements.
We are looking for two outstanding finance talents: one native Norwegian for our Nor Lines portfolio and someone who is both fluent in Dutch and English. We challenge you to be accurate and focused on details, while maintaining the overview.
Achieve and maintain operational excellence as a Credit & Collections Analyst
Our Finance Operations department is growing, both in quality, as well as volume. We must continue to improve the effectiveness of our processes. To do so, you will join the Order to Cash team within our Finance Operations department in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. You will be responsible for our full credit risk cycle, including approval, prevention, early collections and repayment agreements. Your goal? Safeguard a profitable portfolio and a healthy working capital.
Our portfolio of customers is internationally oriented. Therefore, fluency in English – both verbally and in writing – is crucial. Traveling outside of our office in Rotterdam might be required for training and the implementation of new procedures.
Your job as a Credit & Collections specialist entails:
- Implementing credit regulations within our company and our groups.
- Training new employees and colleagues from other offices in credits, including Finance, Sales and Commercial colleagues.
- Improving our disputes solving process and proactively contributing to other changes and the automation of our O2C process across our Samskip companies.
- Acting as focal point for credit risk assessment and collections for internal client groups and promoting accurate data and O2C process efficiency.
- Managing AR account balances, dunning and monitoring, maintaining DSO ratios and recommending credit limits based on financial data and D&B reports.
Our ideal Credit & Control Analyst? Someone who knows all about process improvement and project management.
It can be challenging to ensure compliance with credit management and process rules across different departments. That is why we need you to be able to influence others positively, and to have excellent negotiation skills. You can easily prioritise multiple competing activities and know how to represent our finance department.
You tick all of the following boxes:
- A finance or business bachelor’s degree, for example in business administration or economics.
- Accounting knowledge, in particular of bank bookings and invoicing.
- Extensive knowledge of business processes and best working practices in supply chain and credit control.
- Able to perform analysis and reconciliations using Excel or business intelligence tools.
- Preferably experience with SAP and complex customer portfolios spread through different legal entities and sales organisations.
Turn your job into a lifelong career at Samskip
We want you to be successful as a Credit & Collections Analyst: therefore, we offer you many personal and professional development opportunities. For example, in our online Samskip Academy you can improve both your soft and hard skills. In time, you can grow in responsibility within the O2C team and, since this role is a great stepping stone, you can even develop into areas such as accounting, business control and treasury.
We do not only move containers, we move careers forward too.
We also offer you:
- A competitive salary, including holiday pay and a thirteenth month.
- 28 days paid annual leave and a pension scheme.
- Travel allowance, ergonomic working spaces, company fitness and team building activities.
- An amazing workplace in the largest port of Europe – Rotterdam.
Do you want to help us find new and better ways of working?
Join our international team now: apply directly and share your ideas with us. Click on the ‘Apply’ button and join our team.
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We focus in particular on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally-friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 633 million euros, we are one of the largest transport companies in Europe. We have offices in 24 countries in Europe, North America, Asia and Australia, with around 1500 employees in total.
Thu, 31 Jan 2019 14:26:30 +0100
Language/ English, Dutch
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.