Teach German in a school in Spain: new opening in Girona (Cataluña)! Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
- Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before March 5th
- Programme length (academic year in Spain): Sept. 12th 2019 to June 11th 2020
“Unterrichten verschiedener Altersgruppen (von Schülern bis hin zu Kollegen), die Möglichkeit seine eigenen Ideen und Kreativität einzubringen sowie die Chance einen Online-Kurs an der Universität zu absolvieren, die spanische Kultur kennenzulernen und, und, und. Für mich war es genau die richtige Entscheidung, in Spanien Deutsch zu unterrichten und ich würde es immer wieder tun. Warum? Lest selbst!” (Current Meddeas German Language Assistant)
The Role of a Language Assistant
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
Meddeas is a Spanish organization present in five countries that supports multilingual teaching in more than 200 educational centers. It offers the opportunity to teach English in Spain through Language Assistant programs and provides consultancy services.
Desirable candidate profile
- Native-level German speaker
- Recent university graduates (obtained after 2015)
- No previous teaching experience needed (but valued)
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
- Intermediate English skills (B2)
Selected candidate will:
- Receive a monthly pay: 1,064€ per month 1,064€ per month (more than enough to live in Spain as a young professional).
- Join a Spanish school to cooperate as a German language assistant with 22 teaching hours per week, starting in September 12th 2019 until June 11th 2020, with the same holidays as the school.
- Get initial training and teacher workshops.
- Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme).
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period)
- Get help with the process and opening a bank account.
- Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme.
- School is located in Girona, Cataluña
- Teach Secondary students (aged 12 – 16)
- Full cover to the National Health insurance.
- No fees attached
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:13:18 +0100
Language/ English, German
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.