The Demand Planner is responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast and forecast information gathered from sales and marketing.
- Owns and facilitates monthly S&OP forecast consensus process resulting in a rolling 18 month demand plans.
- Analyze multiple history streams including POS/consumption data, and inventory change projections as well as utilize advanced demand planning system and reporting engine output to execute the cross-functional consensus process and challenge/negotiate forecasts to ensure accuracy.
- Cross functional alignment and delivery of initiatives
- Collaborate with key partners in Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain consistent forecast inputs.
- Systematically identify and work to reconcile discrepancies and close gaps among inputs on an ongoing basis.
- Work with Supply planning and deployment to transfer/translate consensus forecasts for operational purposes.
- Ensure successful customer promotion execution through effective planning and leverage of key customer event inputs.
- Track monthly forecast error results versus established targets and identify and report on root cause for forecast error below targets. Drive process improvements to improve forecast error.
- Play a lead role in the monthly demand agreement process.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Work across peer group to lead and participate in major process improvement activities.
- Support ongoing improvements in APO DP and other systems
Required Skill Set:
- Demonstrate ability to convey messages clearly, effectively and confidently
- Prioritize, multitask and plan accordingly; deliver reports and analysis on time, coming up with contingency plans when necessary.
- Strong analytical skills and statistical knowledge. Understanding of multiple regression models.
- Demonstrated communication, collaboration and leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of SAP, Excel and Word.
- Fluent in English written and spoken, additional language is an advantage
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Supply Chain, Finance or related field.
- Consumer products forecasting and/or supply chain operations experience.
- Experience in and/or exposure to S&OP processes and procedures, customer planning and/or supply planning.
- Experience with any forecasting application or supply planning software and/or SAP, APO, DP.
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:10:20 +0100
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.