As an Appeals Agent within Fraud Operations, your primary responsibilities will be to review PayPal accounts that have been limited due to what is believed to be potentially fraudulent activity and to determine whether the limitation should be lifted. You may be working on both account maintenance and escalation queues and will be using various applications to assess the legitimacy of the account holder or the transaction. You are responsible for reviewing documentation, analysing data, and determining in a timely manner whether the limitation should be removed. Throughout this process you may need to communicate with the customer for additional information and to notify them of decisions. An Appeals Agent within Fraud Operations is organized, efficient, and driven, exhibits strong analytical skills, adapts well to change, and thrives in a collaborative team environment.
** Fluent Dutch & English required for this role **
**Please note this role can either be based in Berlin/Dundalk/Dublin**
- Review PayPal accounts and determine the legitimacy of the account and account holder and associated risk. Analyse account history and trends and perform relevant research to effectively identify problems (70%)
- Contacting account holders in an effort to verify activity and mitigate loss (20%)
- Continually monitor cases and reports to identify trends and notify management of information gleaned from that activity. (10%)
- Strong verbal (phone) communication skills utilizing active listening and clearly speaking to customer
- Strong written (email) communication utilizing proper grammar and punctuation
- Ability to make discretionary decisions based on research.
- Ability to function in multiple queues covering a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong working knowledge of external systems, PC based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Basic Knowledge of internal systems & software (Kana, Intranet, Admin Tools, Attack).
Experience & Education:
- 12 months customer service experience
- General Education or equivalent Required
What we offer you as an Employer
1. PayPal has repeatedly been recognized as one of the best places to work in Europe.
2. A full-time secure position with excellent career progression opportunities.
3. Work in a state of the art Dundalk office using cutting edge technology.
4. Be part of a community that is committed to fostering the following four cultural values: Innovation & Creativity; Collaboration; Diversity & Inclusion and Wellness.
5. A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn.
6. A socially innovative company that helps communities worldwide.
Other Additional Benefits:
1. 25 days holiday + national holidays.
2. 4 weeks additional extra holiday every 5 years.
3. Performance-related additional remuneration.
4. Subsidised canteen, onsite gym and games room.
Thu, 06 Dec 2018 16:22:29 +0100
Language/ English, Dutch
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.