The Record to Report (R2R) Global Ops Finance European Team is a component of the Global Ops Finance Europeorganisation. The R2R Global Ops Finance Europe team is in charge to provide support mainly related to the regular activities related to the closing of the books of GE’s affiliates across countries in Europe.
- Services scope include preparatory and closing activities in areas like Compensation & Benefit, Treasury, Commercial, Supply Chain, Other Asset and Liabilities, Cash&Banking, Payments, Closing & Reporting and Intercompany.
- Ensure monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Lead reviews of closing checklist to ensure all close related issues have been resolved
- Review and control & monitor reconciliation process at monthly / quarterly closing cycles
- Interpret, explain and influence on complex accounting principles and commercial business impact.
- Identify and resolve issues across different sets of financial data.
- Identify opportunities to improve closing activities
- Brainstorms for ideas to drive simplification.
- Generate complex financial reports, according to US GAAP standards (monthly, quarterly and annual)
- Identifies & provides key financial data to enable decision making at senior leadership level.
- Ensure implementation and understanding of the financial policies and procedures in compliance with local legislation and the company rules
- Ensure compliance to finance standards and practices • Support the more junior accountants in the team
- Actively participate in migrations / coordination – monitoring the transitions
- Go to person for Auditors, Controllers
- Ensure Internal controls in place, takes a leading role in mitigating risks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business related field, strong, multi-GAAP accounting experience
- Proficiency in the English language;
- Ability to coordinate the work of junior members and external service providers
- Highly organised with demonstrated ability to meet commitments within strict deadlines
- Has a deep understanding of how operational processes link to the financial statements.
- Understands the interdependencies of key financial metrics / ratios.
- Able to re-prioritize / re-organize to work through roadblocks.
- Is comfortable to execute through uncertainty
- Embrace change in response to new information and in different or unexpected circumstances
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer Literacy: MS Office, particularly Excel, and an ERP system
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style when dealing with GE Country affiliates& auditors
- Compliance & controllership mindset
- Statutory knowledge
- ACCA certificate
- a second European language is an advantage
Why you should join:
- Multicultural and very diverse environment with people from over 30 countries
- A wide variety of social clubs and communities such as: GE Volunteers, Working Parents, Women’s Network, HealthAhead
- GE supports language courses, professional trainings
- Friendly working environment (Best Office Award 2015), including gym, cafeteria, hairdresser and a medical center, all conveniently located on the office campus
- Great career-development opportunities
- Opportunities to leverage your accounting and finance skills
- Opportunity for process improvement/simplification/standardization
- Flexible working hours/home office
Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:03:46 +0000
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.