The Chargeback Agent works chargebacks initiated by buyers through their credit card company. They use discretionary decision making skills, a thorough understanding of Seller Protection (including card scheme regulations and/or ACH Returns) and knowledge of the chargeback process to reverse funds and limit access to accounts in order to minimize or prevent loss.
Bring your enthusiasm for solving customer challenges to a team that cares deeply about consumer satisfaction. This isn’t a job where you just read a script – you are empowered to resolve our customer’s questions by using creativity and skill to provide compassionate, practical solutions. You’re unflappable and consistently good at turning today’s problems into tomorrow’s solutions.
**Fluent German & English is required for this role**
- Review PayPal accounts that have been limited and determine the legitimacy of the account and account holder. Methods to accomplish this include reviewing faxed documentation such as driver’s licenses, credit card statements, bank account statements, utility bills, etc.,
- Confirm account information using various websites, message and customer history in Kana, and account information in Admin Tools
- Limit customer accounts when appropriate
- Answer phone calls from Customer Service, other Operations departments, or Customer as needed
- Place outbound phone calls to customers as needed in order to gather additional documentation when appropriate in order to effectively dispute a chargeback
- Review Chargeback and/or ACH Returns received from credit card companies or financial institutions and accept or dispute the chargeback or ACH Return
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple queues and customer inquiries at once
Strong verbal (phone) communication skills: actively listen and speak clearly to customers
- Strong written (email) communication skills: use proper grammar and punctuation
- Ability to function in multiple telephone and email queues covering several product lines
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong working knowledge of external systems and PC based internet and software applications (Internet, Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Fluent German and English
Why join PayPal…
- We were recognised as one of the ‘Best Places to Work in Europe 2017’
- We are hiring full-time permanent positions – enjoy job security while you help us revolutionise the payment industry!
- We offer a competitive salary and performance related bonus
- Wellness is one of our core values, and we have an amazing benefits package that includes 25 days paid annual leave (in addition to public holidays), an education allowance to support your future growth, a sabbatical* program, a company pension scheme and health insurance for you and your partner/ dependents
- We advocate professional development, and offer international and domestic career progression opportunities
- We understand relocating can be difficult, so we offer a relocation package* to support you in your move to join us
Not to forget…we also have a free onsite gym with personal trainers, a subsidised restaurant with a professional chef team, onsite Costa Coffee, a subsidised private commuter bus service, food zones & games rooms, family fun days, active social groups and so much more…
Wed, 11 Jul 2018 12:53:45 +0200
Shared services and Finance
Language/ English, German
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.