For the DOW Service Center we are looking for a HR Specialist.
The DOW Services Center in Terneuzen is the international service provider for the Dow Chemical Company and employer of over 600 talented employees, representing over 50 different languages and nationalities from all over the world. Our team supports Dow and its joint ventures in a wide variety of areas, such as logistics, customer service, finance, human resources, translations and much more. The Service Center Terneuzen consists of a strong and multicultural team of talented individuals. We are therefore surrounding ourselves with enthusiastic, curious, enterprising and energetic colleagues.
The Human Resources Solutions Center (HRSC) provides Human Resources services in the area of recruitment, international transfer processes, compensation & benefits, talent management and HR data management to Dow in EMEAI. Dow is known for its high standards and high quality; this is also reflected in the HR services and processes. A skilled and motivated workforce is essential for Dow to deliver against its strategic business objectives and the HRSC is key in helping establishing that workforce.
The HR Specialist will need to work with HR partners in various locations in EMEAI. The job exists to ensure the flawless execution of HR policies, working together with HR in the geography and the HR Support Services team members. Goal is to ensure a timeliness and accurate performance in administrative and advisory activities on behalf of Dow HR department.
- Be responsible and hold ownership for the overall HR Support Services activities (and their processes) within a geographical area in the EMEAI region;
- Be the knowledgeable focal point regarding the HR activities in the geography (such as pension, separations, compensation & benefits, holidays, allowances, insurances etc);
- Initiate, monitor and be actively involved in transitioning HR activities to the HR Support Services team;
- Proactively initiate and build strong stake holder- and team relationships that help improve efficiency.
- Manage the full process of onboarding and off boarding of employees
- Create official documents such as employer statements and reference letters.
- Responsible to administer short-term and long-term leaves of employees.
- Process employee contract changes, including fulltime/part time changes.
- Responsible to administer illness and absences.
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Ensure employee data and files are current, accurate and meet the requirements.
- Serve as knowledgeable primary contact for HR, leadership and employees on HR related requests.
- Manage and resolve exceptions to the process or policy.
- Responsible for reporting and metrics.
For this position we are looking for candidates who meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree or higher
- 3 years related experience in Human Resources
- Experience with International work process would be an advantage
- Fluency (min. C1) in English (written & oral)
- Good command (C1) of German.
- Demonstrable communication and inter-personal skills for working in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Strategic and analytical mindset combined with strong communication and persuasion skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Desktop applications, especially Excel
- Ability to work proactively and independently to produce quality results
- Ability to effectively lead projects and influence stake holders at all levels
- Both team player and independent worker
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Very strong customer service mindset
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving skills
- Strong consulting and change management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects as appropriate with a high degree of accuracy and comfortable to work towards tight deadlines
- Experience in high volume operational environments is required
- Experience of managing complex labour related legislations, collaborating with the HR function in common areas of benefits, etc.
We offer an experience with lots of fun and energy in a professional organization. You can count on:
- Continuous professional and personal development possibilities;
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world;
- An informal and open working atmosphere; Focus on your well-being, health and safety;
- Competitive market salary.
Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:47:35 +0000
Language/ German, English