Information about the company that’s offering the internship:
This is a business group with activity in the hotel and entertainment industry. The company, located in the centre of Barcelona, does booking management for its partner hotels and apartment owners, plus the promotion of tourist destinations.
Importantly, this company has years of experience dealing with interns from various parts of Europe, and the internships are paid. Working hours are from Monday to Friday for 8 hours a day, with an hour break for lunch at midday. The team is multicultural, multi-lingual and also young and very friendly.
The objective of this paid internship in Barcelona is to actively collaborate with the reservations and customer service team of this hotel group through the supervision of a tutor.
We are therefore looking for a person with social skills, foreign languages, organizatio skills and many desires to learn about hotel reservation systems and general business management.
Thus, the main tasks are:
- Updating the contents of offers, hotels and services on the company website.
- Telephone support: Answering incoming calls from both direct clients and tour operators by providing information or re-directing the call to the responsible person.
- E-mail management: Solving doubts from clients and also from collaborating agencies and tour operators.
- Send quotations of stays in hotels and apartments to clients as well as to collaborating agencies and tour operators.
- Introduction of reservations in the internal system.
- Review of the weekly occupation with the reception team of the hotels.
- Resolution of incidences: Contact the reception of the hotel where the incident arises and help to solve it through the supervision of the area manager.
Studies: Commerce, Business, Negotiation, Business Management, Tourism
Desired experience: Experiences in commerce, tourism or customer service are appreciated
IT skills: Office: Excel, Word + Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Internet
Other requirements: We are looking for a friendly and cheerful person with customer orientation
Available from June 2018
For 3 months
Benefits: 300 euros
Working hours: Monday to Friday / 9a.m. to 6p.m. with lunch break
Fri, 16 Feb 2018 09:48:41 +0000
Less than 18.000 € gross / year
Internship / Apprenticeship
Language/ French, Spanish