Controllership is responsible for the establishment and / or implementation of policies across Global Operations. It works to build transparent and consistent internal controls across all functions and regions. Controllership not only provides the framework for day-to-day activities, but will also be involved in migrations (growing Global Ops) and process improvements (simplification) involving the identification and resolution of all process issues.
- Ownership for the trial balance of one or multiple ledgers in the region.
- Work with multiple process teams to ensure highest quality
- Build strong partnerships with multiple stakeholders across functions
- Provide commentary to the balance composition and variance to the consolidated balances
- Provide support on various R2R related projects (e.g. simplification, system changes, new policies implementation)
- Managing the team’s activities including closing reporting and account reconciliation cycles ensuring high quality and timely delivery of financial information.
- Review, manage and co-ordinate the closing and account recs type activities that are completed in the process teams
- Review reporting tasks (numerous DR, CR reports) on a monthly and quarterly basis in a timely manner and in high quality and respond to queries from US HQ
- Ensure that internal controls and checkpoints are in place and are followed
- Co-ordination and review of complex transactions and confirmation of the accounting treatment in Cross-business Schedules (CBS)
- Complete Balance Sheet analysis during and after the close on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Prepare materials and give training on technical accounting and other areas where knowledge gaps of the teams are identified
- Liaise with Financial Planning & Analysis, Statutory team on various topics
- Prepare the R2R dashboard and metrics
- Completeness check of account reconciliations for the management entities in scope
- Co-ordinate and facilitate the resolution of intercompany disconnects
- Own and co-ordinate account reconciliation process
- Co-ordination and review of complex transactions and confirmation of the accounting treatment in Cross-business Schedules (CBS) • Constantly support the simplification and standardization of GE
- Support the Statutory and Tax teams during the relevant periods with timely and accurate data
- Strong experience in accounting and audit/finance and proven ability to operate in a diverse operational and cultural environment is essential
- Strong analytic skills and Controllership mindset
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication skills: experience with working with multiple stakeholders, functions and regions and ability to deliver message effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and ability to learn how to use other internal and external finance applications.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Ability to prioritize workload and show clear commitment to meeting reporting deadlines
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary
- Proactive and energetic approach
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to drive different projects at the same time
- Able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Achieving/Driving Results
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Detail & Accuracy
Why you should join:
- Multicultural and very diverse environment with people from over 30 countries
- A wide variety of social clubs and communities such as: GE Volunteers, Working Parents, Women’s Network, HealthAhead
- GE supports language courses, professional trainings
- Friendly working environment (Best Office Award 2015), including gym, cafeteria, hairdresser and a medical center, all conveniently located on the office campus
- Great career-development opportunities
- Opportunities to leverage your accounting and finance skills
- Opportunity for process improvement/simplification/standardization
- Flexible working hours/home office
Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:05:07 +0000
Shared services and Finance
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.