Information about the company that’s offering the internship:
This is a business group with activity in the hotel and entertainment industry. The company, located in the centre of Barcelona, does booking management for its partner hotels and apartment owners, plus the promotion of tourist destinations.
Importantly, this company has years of experience dealing with interns from various parts of Europe, and the internships are paid. Working hours are from Monday to Friday for 8 hours a day, with an hour break for lunch at midday. The team is multicultural, multi-lingual and also young and very friendly.
Do you know what Revenue Management is? The most common description is: “Sell the right product to the right customer at the right time and at the right price.” Well, this paid internship in Barcelona takes place in the Revenue department of this reservation center and, therefore, we are looking for a dynamic student with interest in the world of tourism, commerce and information.
The most important tasks of this revenue management internship are:
- Update the rates of hotels and tourist apartments of the group in the different distribution channels.
- Review the rates daily and make sure the promotional information is correct.
- Learn how to manage the internal reservation system and update occupation data and hotel information.
- Ensure the real occupancy in the hotels and prepare reports to establish the appropriate sales price according to the market.
- Analyze the demand of potential customers according to the different periods of the year.
- Control the average price and occupation of the competition by doing Benchmarking studies to establish the most correct rates.
- Update daily rates based on hotel occupancy.
Studies: Commerce, Business, Negotiation, Business Management, Tourism
Desired experience: Experiences in commerce, tourism or customer service are appreciated
IT skills: Office: Excel, Word + Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, Internet
Other requirements: We are looking for an organized person, detail oriented, who knows how to interact in the Internet and likes to work as a team
Available from June 2018
For 3 months
Benefits: 300 euros
Working hours: Monday to Friday / 9a.m. to 6p.m. with lunch break
Fri, 02 Mar 2018 09:47:18 +0000
Less than 18.000 € gross / year
Internship / Apprenticeship
Language/ English, Spanish