Do you want to teach English in Spain? Become a language and cultural ambassador in Madrid. This is a opportunity to work in a public school in the Community of Madrid (Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid),and help the English department improve the language skills of their students and staff.
Through this program Meddeas cooperates with different Public Schools in the Community of Madrid. Participants get a monthly stipend (€1,000/month), support moving to Spain, initial training, and advice for every day practical non-school-related matters. The relation with the schools and the placements are fully managed by the local government.
Apply by March 15th (Note: limited positions – apply asap)
- Positions managed by the Comunidad Autónoma de Madrid (regional Government)
- Most of the schools are placed in rural and pueblo locations in the Madrid Area
- 9-month placements (October 2nd to June 28th)
- Paid school holidays (Christmas, Easter, and local festivities), except for the summer period
- 16 teaching hours per week
- 4 consecutive teaching days a week
- Stipend: €1,000/month
- Activities will be held under the supervision and guidance of school teachers
Program Options and Fees
- Basic Package (€1,250)
- TEFL certification included (€1,750)
- Spanish Language and Culture Immersion Week included (€1,750)
- TEFL certification + Spanish Language and Culture Immersion Week included (€2,200)
- Native-level English speaker
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- Spanish skills are not required
- Some experience with children will be valued
The role of a language and cultural ambassador in Madrid
Participants could deliver conversational English lessons to students or staff, encourage oral practice in English, explain the culture of their own country, help in other subjects (such as science, art, P.E., history, or music), assist with pronunciation and grammar, prepare students for oral exams, and collaborate with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons. The specific activities and tasks depend on the school.
Language Assistants in Public Schools help teach English to Elementary, Middle and High School students. This is a supportive role, thus they aren’t in charge of entire classes and aren’t responsible for grading or discipline.
Assignment: Selected candidates will receive the details of their specific school placement two months before starting at the school. With our advice and support, it has proven to be more than enough time to get accommodation in the area sorted out. Age-group preferences are considered whenever possible (we cannot guarantee specific placement preferences).
Location: Most of the schools are placed in rural and pueblo locations in the Madrid Area, which gives an amazing opportunity to immerse in the authentic Spanish culture and language while living close to Madrid capital city. Madrid public transportation system is well known due to its low prize and convenient network.
Fri, 09 Feb 2018 15:18:56 +0000
Less than 18.000 € gross / year
Internship / Apprenticeship