Teach German in a school in Spain: vacancy in Madrid! Are you a recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Receive a monthly pay, certified teaching related training, valuable experience in a school, ongoing in-country support, and the opportunity to explore a country. After the first few days at school, participants will be asked to use their own initiative, find resources and prepare their own engaging and fun activities or games.
This is a serious and structured program with no fees, which enables participants to teach English in Spain and gain international experience.
- Deadline: candidates are encouraged to apply ASAP or at least before March 5th 2019
- Program length (academic year in Spain): Oct. 1st 2019 to May 31st 2020
“Unterrichten verschiedener Altersgruppen (von Schülern bis hin zu Kollegen), die Möglichkeit seine eigenen Ideen und Kreativität einzubringen sowie die Chance einen Online-Kurs an der Universität zu absolvieren, die spanische Kultur kennenzulernen und, und, und. Für mich war es genau die richtige Entscheidung, in Spanien Deutsch zu unterrichten und ich würde es immer wieder tun. Warum? Lest selbst!” (Current Meddeas German Language Assistant)
The Role of a Language Assistant
A Language Assistant is a native-level speaker of English, French or German, who supports the school’s language teachers and helps students with conversation practice. The tasks differ from the ones in a teaching assistant role and include encouraging oral practice of the foreign language; explaining the culture of their home country; helping in other subjects such as science, art, P.E.; acting as a role model for correct pronunciation and grammar; and collaborating with teaching staff in creating teaching materials and planning lessons.
Desirable candidate profile
- Native-level German speaker
- Recent university graduates (obtained after 2015)
- No previous teaching experience needed (but valued)
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
- Intermediate English skills (B2)
Selected candidate will
- Professional Placement in a Spanish school as a language assistant; 20 to 25 teaching hours per week
- Receive foreign languages-teaching related certified course, given by a Spanish university (paid by the programme)
- Receive a monthly pay: 1,056€ to 1,230€
- Health Insurance Coverage
- Get help with the process and opening a bank account
- Have ongoing in-country support from the school’s designated Tutor and from Meddeas.
- Get initial training and teacher workshops
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the programme
- Schools in Seville, Madrid, and Girona
- Paid school holidays (except for the summer period).
- No fees
Wed, 13 Feb 2019 15:55:10 +0100
Pignolo, maniaco dei dettagli e migliore amico dell’ansia.
Sono un Web Designer (anche se odio etichettarmi) e vivo ad Altamura, da circa 10 anni mi diverto in ambito web e app, mi occupo prettamente di frontend ma non disdegno a sporcarmi le mani con un bel po di sano codice.