Are you a student or recent graduate looking for a valuable professional experience in Spain? Don't miss out this opportunity to teach English in Spain and become a Language Assistant in a private school. No matter what your background and level of Spanish are, there is a Meddeas program for you. Receive a monthly income, free TEFL-related training and take the opportunity to explore another country.
Live a once in a lifetime opportunity
Becoming a Language Assistant in a Spanish school with Meddeas is a unique experience that will stay with you forever. During one academic year, you will be enrolled in a structured program and teach 20 hours a week in one of the 200 educational centers we work with. Gain international experience teaching English in Spain and add transferable skills to your resume. Don't miss the opportunity to discover a new culture and language, paying no fees and with a guaranteed monthly income, which is more than enough to live in Spain as a student.
Desirable candidate profile:
- Native-level English speaker
- Recent graduates (last four years) OR university students OR gap years. Any degree!
- No previous teaching experience needed
- Someone who enjoys working with children and/or young people
- Energetic and creative
- Competence in the Spanish language is not required
- No criminal records
– September/October 2018 until May/June 2019
Don't miss out on our participants' testimonials on Meddeas Language Assistants' blog. Join us for news and updates on Facebook and Youtube.
So what type of opportunity to teach English abroad does Meddeas offer?
According to your background and interests, there is a Meddeas program for you that will include a university-certified course and a placement to teach English in Spain.
• Qualifications: degree in English Language or Education OR any degree + TEFL certificate
• Conversation practice with up to 28 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 930 Euros OR 480 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Qualifications: any degree
• Conversation practice with up to 14 pupils
• Monthly stipend: 880 Euros OR 430 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
• Minimum qualifications: any degree OR university students OR gap years
• Conversation practice with small groups OR assisting the main teacher
• Monthly stipend: 330 Euros + full board accommodation with a host family
Depending on your preferences and motivations, there are two lodging options: full board accommodation with a host family or independently housing. Families in these programs are linked to the school and chosen by its principal. In fact, they host the Language Assistant on a volunteer basis to experience a cultural and linguistic immersion:
“A huge part of my life here in Spain is, of course, the family with whom I live. They are the people who keep me well fed and provide a roof over my head, but they are also my eyes and ears when exploring Spanish culture. The parents of my host mum invited us to have lunch along with the mum's 5 siblings with their spouses, and the children's 12 cousins. Being the only non-family, non-native-Spanish-speaker guest was a slightly daunting prospect, but the family's faultless generosity made it a really enjoyable day”, Juliet R., Language Assistant 2014/15.
The main idea of this cultural exchange is that, when they are not at school, Language Assistants will spend half of their time interacting with the family in English and the other half interacting in Spanish, travelling or enjoying their spare time as they want. During the program, the family will cover meals and accommodation expenses.
The sooner you apply the more possibilities you'll have of being offered a suitable placement, so we encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible.
Tue, 06 Feb 2018 11:22:09 +0000
Less than 18.000 € gross / year
Internship / Apprenticeship